The WAHA is committed to:
- Meet our legal obligations as laid down by the Privacy Act 1988.
- Ensure that data is collected and used fairly and lawfully.
- Process personal data only to meet our operational needs or fulfil legal requirements.
- Take steps to ensure that personal data is up to date and accurate.
- Take steps to ensure that all data stored digitally, and digital databases have appropriate protection.
- Establish appropriate retention periods for personal data.
- Ensure that the data subject’s rights can be appropriately exercised.
- Provide adequate security measures to protect personal data.
- Have a nominated person who is responsible for data protection compliance.
- Ensure that all staff are made aware of good practice in data protection and provide training for all staff responsible for personal data.
- Ensure that queries about data protection, both internal and external to the organisation, are dealt with effectively and promptly.